All of our coaches are required to obtain the Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC) designation. The AFC designation is governed by the Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education (AFCPE). National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) is the accrediting body of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (formerly the National Organization for Competency Assurance). Since 1977, the NCCA has been accrediting certifying programs based on the highest quality standards in professional certification to ensure the programs adhere to modern standards of practice for the certification industry.
The AFC's compliance with NCCA standards shows that the educational content and testing for the AFC been developed, maintained and governed by the highest standard. This recognition and achievement sets the certification mark apart from others in the field and emphasizes the highest standard of excellence that AFCPE has built for this field.
AFC certification is the standard for training professionals to guide clients through life-cycle financial education to help them realize their goals and achieve lasting financial well-being.
With an AFC, our coaches can:
- Educate clients in sound financial principles.
- Assist clients in the process of reducing their financial indebtedness.
- Help clients identify and modify ineffective money management behaviors.
- Guide clients in developing successful strategies for achieving their financial goals.
- Support clients as they work through their financial challenges and opportunities.
- Help clients develop new perspectives on the dynamics of money in relation to family, friends and individual self-esteem.
Learn more about AFC here.